[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic number of "message" ports using nports

From: macbany
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic number of "message" ports using nports
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:37:48 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using GnuRadio 3.6.5.1 and I wanted to create a block similar to
stream-to-streams for messages. In the XML I used a variable and nports so I
could specify the number of ports in the flowgraph. However, I've found that
this does not work. Whenever I change the variable value to something
greater than 1, the variable ID turns red and the number of ports displayed
does not change. Simply changing the port type to something other than
"message" works correctly. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?