Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.0building problem on RHEL6.0

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.0building problem on RHEL6.0
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:27:59 +0200

Thank you Thomas from me also, you were right. Even make test works, now I only need guts to uninstall my precious 3.6.3 :)

Nemanja

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Thomas Tsou <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
>> today I tried installing 3.7.0 on my RHEL machine, but without success and
>> with the following error message during make:
>>
>> [ 70%] Building CXX object
>> gr-qtgui/lib/CMakeFiles/gnuradio-qtgui.dir/TimeDomainDisplayPlot.cc.o
>> /home/savi_ne/tools/gnuradio-3.7.0/gr-qtgui/lib/TimeDomainDisplayPlot.cc: In
>> member function ‘void TimeDomainDisplayPlot::setSemilogy(bool)’:
>> /home/savi_ne/tools/gnuradio-3.7.0/gr-qtgui/lib/TimeDomainDisplayPlot.cc:358:
>> error: ‘class QwtScaleDiv’ has no member named ‘upperBound’
>
> Your qwt version is older than 5.2.0. Part of the QwtScaleDiv
> interface was changed between 5.1.1 and 5.2.0 - just a rename
> actually.
>
> lBound --> lowerBound
> hBound --> upperBound
>
> You can either update your version of qwt or rename the non-existent
> calls to the older interface.
>
>   Thomas

Thanks, Thomas. I was going to say it was a problem with a version of QWT.

On our build page, we do say that QWT must be >= to 5.2. Looking at
our cmake file, we don't actually enforce that. I'll look into fixing
that today.

Also, Nemanja, try PyBOMBS (gnuradio.org/pybombs) under RHEL. It should help.

Tom

--
Nemanja Savić