Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 build failure ICE_ICESTORM-NOTFOUND etc.

From: Barry Jackson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 build failure ICE_ICESTORM-NOTFOUND etc.
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:17:52 +0100

On 20/07/13 15:11, Tom Rondeau wrote:
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18/07/13 15:19, Tom Rondeau wrote:

Do you know what version of ICE is installed on your system? GNU Radio
explicitly looks for version 3.4, so if you're using 3.5 it won't work
by default. I've tested and compiled against 3.5, though, so it's only
the cmake FindICE script that's the problem.

Also, ticket #564 is about faulty ICE detection, so this could also be
a problem with your system. I hope to work on this soon to resolve
that issue and make it easier to use either 3.4 or 3.5.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Ice version is 3.4.2.

Yes, #564 does look like the same issue except that it is reported on OSX
where I am seeing it in Linux.

Barry,

I just pushed branch 'cmake_ice' to my github repo
(github.com/trondeau/gnuradio). It does a better job of handling ICE,
the include dirs, and the required libs. It also adds the ability to
use Ice 3.5, which isn't important for you, though.

Could you check out this branch and give it a try? I'd like to know
how it works on other machines besides those which I've already gotten
things to work.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,
No real change with your cmake_ice branch.

-- Configuring gnuradio-runtime support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1
--   Dependency ENABLE_VOLK = ON
--   Dependency PYTHONINTERP_FOUND = TRUE
--   Enabling gnuradio-runtime support.
--   Override with -DENABLE_GNURADIO_RUNTIME=ON/OFF
--   package 'Ice-3.5' not found
-- ICE 3.5 not found. Looking for 3.4
--   package 'Ice-3.4' not found
--
-- Configuring gr-ctrlport support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1

I looked at our Ice package spec and noticed that all the .pc files have been packaged in ice-csharp-devel, which I think is wrong, however installing that package as well makes no difference.

Looking in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig I find ice.pc AND Ice.pc

I initially thought that one would be a symlink to the other, but they are different.

ice.pc is 1.0.8
Ice.pc is 3.4.2

ice.pc
----------------------
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib64
includedir=/usr/include

Name: ICE
Version: 1.0.8
Requires: xproto
Cflags: -I${includedir}
Libs: -L${libdir} -lICE
----------------------

Ice.pc:
version = 3.4.2
mono_root = /usr

name = Ice

Name: ${name}
Version: ${version}
Libs: -r:${mono_root}/lib64/mono/${name}/${name}.dll

Maybe this helps?

Barry