[Discuss-gnuradio] sustainable gnuradio MFLOPS for streaming processing

From: LD Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] sustainable gnuradio MFLOPS for streaming processing
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:57:17 -0700

Hi Folks,

The number of sustainable gnuradio processing speed – I guess in terms of MFLOPS – is important for designing application. Suppose I have a FIR filter with a number of taps operating on a streaming sample of x Msps, this would translate to a certain number of required MFLOPS. And this number needs to be below the sustainable gnuradio MFLOPS limit. Hence my question is say on a 1GHz processor, what is the gnuradio MFLOPS limit running on this processor?

Thanks,

LD