Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion v3.7.0-1-g2c05acc1 python nam

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion v3.7.0-1-g2c05acc1 python name-spaces not working
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 17:12:56 -0400

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Andrew Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using Xubuntu 13.04 and compiled from 3.7git, when I try to run GRC
> almost any block that uses constants from the updates name-spaces GRC fails
> with:
>
>> Value "firdes.WIN_HAMMING" cannot be evaluated:
>> name 'firdes' is not defined
>
> or for signal source and related:
>
>> Value "analog.GR_SIN_WAVE" cannot be evaluated:
>> name 'analog' is not defined
>
> I'm not sure where in GRC these are defined but I will continue to look for
> a fix.
>
> Thank you
> ~Andrew

Have you removed all other GNU Radio versions from your machine?

Also, if these are your own GRC files, might just try typing it in
again as the state might be a bit confused after an update.

The specific cases you've mentioned have been tested for in the 3.7
release, so I think it's something local and/or a confusion after an
upgrade (the latter are bound to happen).

Tom