Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:22:23 -0400

But if this were reverted, the Linux build should not be currently broken on the master HEAD, should it?

On Jun 18, 2013 3:34 PM, "Marcus Leech" <address@hidden> wrote:
There was a back-and-forth about some wx-GUI initialization that fixed a similar problem for MacOS, but immediately also broke Linux.

There was a revert of that in the last day or two.

on Jun 18, 2013, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have two builds of gnuradio, one that uses 'maint' and one that is
> 'master' ... in the master, I'm finding that GUIs are not showing.
> For example, if I run uhd_fft or uhd_siggen_gui using the master
> branch then I have no window that pops up. It is building gr-wxgui
> and I believe I have the appropriate wx and SWIG libraries. I do not
> get any errors or warnings whatsoever. All of these applications seem
> to continue running as if the window exists but it's invisible. This
> does not happen using the 'maint' branch.
>
> This is on Ubuntu 12.04 and I've attached my cmake configuration
> output. Is this a known issue? I can provide more details/debugging.
>
> - George

George,

I couldn't quickly find the email, but I believe someone else reported
a similar problem (Michael Dickens, maybe). They fixed it locally,
though I can't remember what the fix was. Hopefully, whoever it was
will see this and speak up. Otherwise, you might look through the
mailing list archives for the past month or so.

Tom