Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:53:48 -0400

On Jun 18, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> I couldn't quickly find the email, but I believe someone else reported
> a similar problem (Michael Dickens, maybe). They fixed it locally,
> though I can't remember what the fix was.  Hopefully, whoever it was
> will see this and speak up. Otherwise, you might look through the
> mailing list archives for the past month or so.

Wasn't me.  In my testing using master and maint from yesterday (20130617),
both produce wx GUIs items (slider, FFT plot) correctly on Mac OS X.  The Qt
GUI fails on both in the same general way:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mlk/Desktop/dial_tone.py", line 149, in <module>
    tb = dial_tone()
  File "/Users/mlk/Desktop/dial_tone.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_sink_x_0_win)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py",
 line 94, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'gr_top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

The MacPorts versions of GNU Radio include the wx OpenGL fixes that were
removed a while back, and will continue to do so until a better fix is found
that is more cross-OS compatible. - MLD