Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rrc_filter in generic_mod_demod

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rrc_filter in generic_mod_demod
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:15:28 -0400

Sure.  Sorry.

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Ian Buckley <address@hidden> wrote:
Dan, Any chance you can attach those pictures in a different way and resend, I couldn't find a way to view them and I'm curious to see them.
-Ian

On Jun 11, 2013, at 10:12 PM, Dan CaJacob <address@hidden> wrote:

There are two parameters that will affect your TX power: digital amplitude and RF gain.  The digital amplitude sets the amplitude of your signal going into the DAC.  UHD expects a signal between 0 and 1.0, but to keep your output nice and linear, keep your signal amplitude belw 0.2.  Conversely, 0.02 seems pretty low.  RF gain is applied in the aughtercard once your signal has been up converted.  My practice is to keep the signal amplitude at 0.2 max amplitude, then adjust RF gain to control power.  You'll end up getting less than the max rated power output (e.g. 20 dBm for WBX, but you'll have a clean RF signal.

I very recently characterized a WBX across the full range of amplitude and gain settings.  Here's the result.  Note that the non linearity belw a gain of about -10 dB is due to the signal power being belw the bottom range of the power sensor.

And here's a plot for just the 0.2 amplitude curve.