Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] out of tree module with code generation problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] out of tree module with code generation problem
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:18:37 -0400

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have an out of tree module and I want to create a block
> that is automatically expanded for different input/output types.
>
> I have changed all CMakeList.txt files according to
> gr-blocks directory.
>
> However "make" complaints it cannot find the buid_utils
> module in the generate_helper.py script.
>
> In the generate_helper.py script I notice that the
> ${GR_CORE_PYTHONPATH}
> variable is not set...
>
> I quick-fixed that by hardwiring the  correct path, but I was wondering
> if there is a more permanet fix for that.
>
> thanks,
> Achilleas

That seems like an unexplored idea. The build_utils modules is located
in gnuradio-runtime/python/, but it is not installed, so there would
be no way for the OOT component to find it.

I have created Issue #552 (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/552) for this.

Can you look at what I suggest in there (adding build_utils.py to your
OOT python directory) and give me feedback?

Thanks,
Tom