[Discuss-gnuradio] Changing UHD buffer to avoid latency in Benchmark_tx.

From: Jay Prakash
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing UHD buffer to avoid latency in Benchmark_tx.py and benchamrk_rx.py
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:04:05 +0530

I designed a hopping Primay transmitter changing few lines of Benchmark tx/rx pythob files.

Now to synchronize I am having a predefined table of frequency hops on both the Receiver and transmitter.

I count the packet no at both Rx and Tx and shift to a higher frequency on every multiple of 100 packets.

With start there is fully correct reception of packets till 39 on receiver side and while the packet count was 39 on receiver side it was above 100 on transmitted side which means transmitter has hopped to the nearby channel and receiver was still waiting for packet count to increase which did not happened.

Is this delay between packets arrival ie 39 wrt >100 of transmitted due to the buffer size of UHD ?

Or it's due to PHY layer calculations and processing time?

How do I make it robust to hopping?

I have plans of FHSS synch algos but am trying if these methods work since benchmark_rx.py is very strong and rated code in itself.

Jay Prakash
Senior Undergraduate
Electronics Engineering

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=91120191&trk=hb_tab_pro_top