Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mechanism to build in command line help into the

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mechanism to build in command line help into the flowgraph?
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:44:34 -0400

> The above text would be entered someplace on the flowgraph in GRC,
> like maybe the description field in the Options block. Then output of
> that text to stdout is triggered by a selectable Short ID from a
> parameter block on the flowgraph, or maybe is always hard coded to an
> option like "--help"?

So you should get the --help for free when the flow graph is generated.
I think whats missing for your case is that the parameter block doesnt
have a entry field for a custom help message per parameter.

I would add a help entry field for the parameter.xml block and the
support in the flowgraph.tmpl for the help message. Right now the help
message is autogenerated I think to just say something generic/

-josh