[Discuss-gnuradio] About sample lost

From: ÀîÔÞ
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About sample lost
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 01:10:18 +0800 (CST)

Dear list,
Now I meet a problem about counting all the input samples.  I hope I can get some assistant from here. The problems are as follows,
In one of my blocks, I want to count all the consumed input samples to get the timestamp of the received packet. I have used GPS to synchronize two usrps and therefore for the same packet the two usrp should consume the same amount of samples in this block from the beginning of the stream. At the very beginning, it works fine but after it works for a while the timestamp in one usrp will lost 8192 samples (8192 samples less than the other one). I have checked it is the same as the maximum output buffer of one block.

I want to ask if it is possible that because the block can not process the sample as fast as the output from the previous block, one buffer of samples are lost. BTW I did not find any indicator of overflow from uhd when I run the code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards

Zan