Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] It has begun

From: jpendlum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] It has begun
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

This will be an exciting summer for GNU Radio and FPGA development. My GSoC
project aims to add FPGA acceleration to GNU Radio with Xilinx's Zynq FPGA.
My git repo (with my proposal) is at:
https://github.com/jpendlum/GnuRadio_Zynq
<https://github.com/jpendlum/GnuRadio_Zynq>  . I will be at GNU Radio
Hackfest all week and hope to get a great start on this project. Soon I will
have a blog up on GitHub to track my progress.

As for my background, I am a second year PhD student in Computer Engineering
at Northeastern University studying Cognitive Radio and SDR. One of my
research projects,  CRUSH <http://jpendlum.github.io/crush/>  , is available
on github. Before my Northeastern studies, I graduated from Purdue
University with a BS in EE and have worked for several defense companies
doing FPGA design for wireless communication systems.

Good luck to all the GSoC students!

Jon