Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] calibrating USRP

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] calibrating USRP
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:44:39 +0000 (UTC)

Indeed, the only way to do this is to use a signal generator with known power levels, and precision attenuators.  You'll have to repeat the process over the full tuning range of the device(s) in question, since
 effective gain will change a little with tuned frequency--that's just a natural property of analog RF components.  The gain will also change (a little) with ambient temperature as well, so it depends on how precise you want your calibrations to be.