Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] External modules include path / namespace

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] External modules include path / namespace
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:57:14 +0200

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 12:18:49AM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> include: $prefix/include/module_name/
> namespace: gr::module_name::
> python: $prefix/lib/site-package/module_name/
>
> Since the module are placed in the gr:: namespace, wouldn't it make
> sense to have :
>
> include: $prefix/include/gnuradio/module_name/
> namespace: gr::module_name::
> python: $prefix/lib/site-package/gnuradio/module_name/
>
> This would also make external modules that much closer to internal
> ones and further reduce the difference between in-tree / out-of-tree

Just pointing out that oot-modules have always been a bit different,
e.g. import MODULE vs. from gnuradio import MODULE. Also, I don't mind
having a dedicated folder for core gnuradio stuff.
I agree making the folder structures for in- and out-tree modules more
similar is good, though. So, just some thoughts here, perhaps we'll talk
about this this week.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)