Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 SWIG mess up

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 SWIG mess up
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 22:58:00 +0200

Hi,

> I have only seen this when using make -jN to build.  Once it happens,
> you either need to do a make clean or to start with an entirely new
> build directory to ensure that the swig module in fact gets recompiled
> and reinstalled.  (It sounds like you did this but it wasn't clear.)

Yes, as I said, I retried from scratch, new checkout, new builddir, I
erased everything from previous build.

I traced it to this :

//Details about finding PythonInterp
FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_PythonInterp:INTERNAL=[/usr/bin/python][v2.7.3()]
//Details about finding PythonLibs
FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_PythonLibs:INTERNAL=[/usr/lib64/libpython3.2.so][/usr/include/python3.2][v3.2.3()]

It seems that CMake couldn't decide between the two python version
installed (I'm on gentoo and it maintains two // python tree) and
decided to use the interpreter of one with the libraries and include
path from the other. Apparently CMake is not bothered one bit by the
fact "v2.7.3" != "v3.2.3" ...

I have no idea whatsoever how to fix it though ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain