Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio presentation at Virginia Tech, Monday

From: Ankan Roybardhan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio presentation at Virginia Tech, Monday
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:22:10 -0400

Could this be made an online streaming live so that people sitting all around could also watch and learn.

Are there any plans to organize such events in southern/eastern parts preferably at UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL.

-Regards,

Ankan Roybardhan.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Jonathan Fox <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We've been holding GNU Radio Hackfests every now and then in the past.
> These are meant for the main, core developers to get together and
> develop new material and features, fix bugs, and figure out where we
> want to go as a project. You can see some of the output of our last
> Hackfest from November of last year:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Hackfest1211
>
> We're holding our next one this coming week at Virginia Tech. As part
> of it, we're reaching out to the local community at the university and
> around the area with a brief informational session Monday morning from
> 10-12.
>
> I want to be clear that this isn't something that I'd recommend for
> anyone outside of an easy  drive to Blacksburg, VA. But at the same
> time, I didn't want anyone around to miss it if you are in the area.
> So feel free to come and chat with us! Here are the details:
>

> When: Monday, June 3, 2013
>
>       10am - 12pm
>
> Where: ICTAS 310
>

> Schedule:
>
> 10:00: Tom Rondeau, GNU Radio maintainer
>
>        Introduction to GNU Radio, the community, and the Hackfest
>

> 10:20: Ben Hilburn Ettus Research, LLC
>
>        Review of software radio hardware
>

> 10:40: Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs and co-maintainer of GNU Radio
>
>        Interfacing and contributing to the community and the project.
>

> 11:00: Philip Balister, OpenSDR and GNU Radio contributor
>
>        Developing the open source community in the university.
>

> 11:20: Martin Braun, Ph.D. candidate, KIT and GNU Radio contributor
>
>        Ben Reynwar, GNU Radio contributor
>
>        Discussing their contributions to GNU Radio and describing the
>
>        new OFDM development.
>

> 11:40: Q & A
>
> Tom

Is there any interest in holding a Hackfest in the Washington DC area
in the next year or two? There are a few universities with engineering
schools in the area, with University of Maryland as the top one and I
don't see why their engineering school would turn this down. Just an
idea from a DC area local.