Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] channel estimation in gnuradio narrowband

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] channel estimation in gnuradio narrowband
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:55:29 -0500

I don't think the RRC filter is used for carrier frequency correction. In gnuradio, the FLL filter can be used for CFO correction.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM, yeran <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m doing channel estimation in gnu radio narrowband. But the result is different than I expect.

I’m using the example in grc, uhd_tx_dpsk.grc and uhd_rx_dpsk.grc. Send vector (255,255,255) repeatedly using BPSK.  At the receiver, I add a file sink after the time_recov block and store the data.

Y=X*H +N,  the data after time_recov is Y, and in BPSK, when sending 1 is mapped to 1+0j, so X=1+0j. Thus, Y/X is the estimate channel frequency I get. I plot the absolute value of the channel frequency and get a figure as in the attachment. But it seems that it has the carrier frequency with it. It is so well organized and changes regularly. But I’m pretty sure that before the file sink, in the time_recov block, the rrc filter already take off the carrier frequency.

Has anyone come across the same problem before? Or find any mistakes or suggestions on my method? Please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Ada