[Discuss-gnuradio] Announcing GrExtras family of JIT blocks - clang + ll

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Announcing GrExtras family of JIT blocks - clang + llvm, orc, opencl
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 03:15:26 -0500

Hey all,

The JIT Blocks in GrExtras just keep growing (now its a family):
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blocks#wiki-awesome-jit-blocks

* I mentioned the OpenCl block in a previous email:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Opencl

* There is now and ORC block as well. One can specify SIMD kernels in
the ORC high level assembly language. The block will compile at runtime
a routine optimized for the SIMD units within your CPU:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blocks#wiki-orc-block

* And my new favorite (this one took me all weekend). The clang block!
With this block you can write full C++ blocks without bothering with
compilers, swig, cmake, modtool... Simply feed the block with C++ source
and options; and the block is compiled and constructed at runtime. There
is even a GRC wrapper for this block which exposes simple options and
access to properties. One could make an entire flow graph with nice fast
C++ JIT blocks and not touch any compilers :-)

For dependencies, build instructions, and basic usage, see:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Clang

Enjoy the blocks!
-josh