Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: USRP Source in next branch

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: USRP Source in next branch
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:47:46 -0500

On 05/22/2013 02:32 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Bastian Bloessl <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> I installed todays next branch and get the following error when I try to
>> use a UHD: USRP Source.
>>
>> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/**dist-packages/gnuradio/uhd/__**init__.py",
>> line 72, in __init__
>>     for v in val: self.channels.append(v)
>> SystemError: error return without exception set
>>
>> It occurs during startup when the flow graph is instantiated. I tried the
>> next branch some weeks ago and got the same error. So I guess something is
>> wrong with my setup.
>>
>> I think it is somehow swig related. Did you also experience that?
>>

> This is a known issue that Tom and I are working on, and yes, it is swig
> related.  We don't have a workaround yet, but it's the top issue to be
> fixed on the next branch.

Oh, the swig file is missing a %template export for a vector of size_t.
It probably doesnt know how to deal with the channel list in the
stream_args_t class -- hence the error. Is that correct?

If you use the uhd_swig.i from the master branch, does that 32-bit pmt
swig error multiple exported types come up? Or perhaps did the %import
statements resolve this?

-josh