[Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Synchronization

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Polyphase Clock Synchronization
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:37:18 +0200

Hi all guys again,

After few posts and numerous tries to set up M&M sync block, I finally want to give up, and before I start with some kind of ad-hoc approach I want to ask for help to setup polyphase Clock Synchronizator.

This block is very well documented (by the way, it looks like description of the block is shown twice in the property window, at least in my computer), but since I am not that much in polyphase filtering, i have following doubts:

- As it is stated in documentation, there are two filterbanks, one for signal shaping and one for filtering signal derivative. My question is what is the meaning of TAPS property (taps of which filter?)?

- What is filter size? (Number of paralel sections?)

- In which way to setup alpha and beta for best performances (based on my symbol rate or whatever)?

As for reminding, I have 19.2ksps baseband signal, sampled with 100ksps.

Thank you in advance

--
Nemanja Savić