Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Allign LOs for SBX boards

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Allign LOs for SBX boards
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 02:52:11 -0500

On 05/16/2013 02:38 AM, Dominique Guelord Ingala wrote:
> Hi, I need to allign the LOs for SBX boards. I read the application
> notes on UHD-Synchronization.
>

> http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/sync.html#align-los-in-the-front-end-sbx-wbx-n-series
>
>  I've been working on this for a while, but I'm still confused a bit.
> Please what is the directory for the UHD source and sink blocks where
> the timed command must be applied. Which part of the code must be
> changed in these files. Also how will I know that the LOs are now
> alligned. I'm using ubuntu 11.10. I found 2 files
> (gr_uhd_usrp_source.cc and gr_uhd_usrp_sink.cc) under the directory :
> gnuradio/gr-uhd/lib.  I'm not sure if these are the right files where
> the timed command must be applied. I tried some changes in this
> files, but there is no reaction from the USRP.

No problems. I think you have the wrong impression. You dont have to
change any files. The timed commands is actually an API call. This
called is exposed as part of uhd in the multi_usrp.hpp file. And its
also exposed in the gr-uhd gnuradio support wrappers. This means you can
use this API in C++ or python with the UHD gnuradio blocks.

-josh