Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New Module/block call issue: make function??

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New Module/block call issue: make function??
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:42:04 +0100

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Nada ABDELKADER
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added a module 'sensingmod' with a "noblock" block 'sensing' but when I
> tried to call the block from python, I got this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./tunnel_tx_simul.py", line 49, in <module>
>     from sensingmod import sensing
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sensingmod/__init__.py", line
> 45, in <module>
>     from sensingmod_swig import *
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sensingmod/sensingmod_swig.py", line
> 188, in <module>
>     sensing = sensing.make;
> AttributeError: type object 'sensing' has no attribute 'make'
>
> I thought I had to add a function "make" to the block but still got the
> error.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Regards,
> Nada

Looks like there were a couple of typos in the templates for the
noblock. I pushed a fix for it to maint/master/next.

For your problem, just go into your swig/sensingmod_swig.i and remove
the GR_SWIG_BLOCK_MAGIC line for this particular class. This only
means anything for gr_block classes.

Tom