Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install GNU Radio 3.6.4 on MacOSX with package co

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install GNU Radio 3.6.4 on MacOSX with package conflicting warnings
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 13:50:06 -0400

Hi Albert - GNU Radio (et.al.) will work with QWT 5.1 or later, including 5.2
or 6.0 (in theory; configuration using 6.0 didn't work the last time I tried,
but I could coerce binaries to work after linking with 5.2 and then changing
DYLD loading to 6.0).  I know of no specific port requirements for QWT (5.1; I
might be wrong), and qwt52 is (IMO) more stable / better option.  I have all of
these installed and passing check/test using qwt52, so it can be done.

Probably the best way to do this is to uninstall all of the SDR ports
(gnuradio, rtl-sdr, others), then also uninstall qwt and py27-pyqwt.  Now,
install qwt52 (defaults are probably OK: "sudo port install qwt52") and then
py27-pyqwt ("sudo port install py27-pyqwt").  Now install gnuradio (+variants),
rtl-sdr, and others.

If you want to discuss in more detail, email me off list. - MLD