Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_timer.h on next branch

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_timer.h on next branch
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:06:23 -0700

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:

There is a gr_timer.h header in the gnuradio/next installation
directory, however, when I try to use this class I get

receiver.cpp:(.text+0x1ccf): undefined reference to
`gr_make_timer(void (*)(gr_timer*, void*), void*)'
receiver.cpp:(.text+0x1d6a): undefined reference to
`gr_timer::schedule_periodic(double, double)'

I can't find any implementation for this class. Is this some leftover
from old times?

This looks like a stray header file that was never deleted, or something that never got implemented from back in 2005.

I'll delete this on next.

As for getting timer callback functionality, you could use POSIX timers, but I'd rather chew on broken glass than try to get process signal-based notifications working correctly in multithreaded code.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services