Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft mode

From: est
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft modem from Icera
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:40:11 +0800

Hello, just an update for the official i500 spec whitepaper.

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/116757/NVIDIA_i500_whitepaper_FINALv3.pdf

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Lin HUANG <address@hidden> wrote:
Well, for this case, is the solution with multiple RF modules plus one BB module OK? The BB modules for different bands are almost same, right? Or do you think a very wide band RF module plus a BB module is better? I'm not expert on chipset design. What's your opinion?

There are different levels of flexibility. As we talk about software radio, Icera's solution may be not 'soft' enough, but it may be a good choice for cellphone manufacturer.

BR
Lin

2013/1/15 est <address@hidden>
> In consumer electronic products, ASIC is always the best performance-price choice.

Even with LTE you have to deal with 12 freq. bands?

ASIC is always the best performance-price choice.