Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:36:12 +0200

Hello Dingwen,

On 04/22/2013 10:13 AM, Dingwen Yuan wrote:

I think the loopback works. I get some logs in the gnuradio-companion
likes this:
Hello World!
ut

I casted the not-0-terminated buffer to char as debug output :)
Should be fixed now.

Changing gain and the direction of antenna really improves the packet
reception rate. I have just one USRP, therefore I tried the
communication between USRP and your contiki code.
The log I got always look like a number of Os folowing by Hello Gun
Radio, like OOOOOOOOOHello Gnu Radio. What does the O means?

OOOO means that the PC can't keep up with the sampling rate and thus, experiences 'O'verruns. That was because I set the sampling rate way higher then needed. I just pushed the flow graphs with a rate of 4Msps.

You can play around with that, you just have to set the 'Omega' of the 'Clock Recovery MM' block accordingly (samp_rate / Omega != 2Msps).

    Just out of curiosity, did you try the transceiver? Is it working
    for you?

I tried transceiver, it doesn't work. But tx works perfectly.

Maybe because you are using a full-duplex daughterboard while I use a half-duplex one. Would be great if you try to set the antenna of the USRP source and sink blocks manually to the same value. Then it should operate in half-duplex mode. (I think this is possible with your board, check 'uhd_usrp_probe' to see a list of options)

BTW, what have you changed in your code in comparison with the original
UCLA Zigbee.
The receiver structure, the parameters of the flow graph (clock recovery...), and the 'packet_sink' block is from the UCLA implementation. This is where all decoding happens.
It is based on this implementation, so you can see the changes in git.

I just pushed the changes to github.

Hope it helps!
Bastian