Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] create uniform PMT vector from python

From: Martin Luelf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] create uniform PMT vector from python
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:52:42 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to create a uniform PMT vector from python?
>
> I can use, for example, 'pmt.make_c32vector(length, value)' to create
> a vector where each element is 'value' but I don't see a way to modify
> these values from python.
>
> If there isn't, are there any objections to overloading these
> functions to take std::vectors as input so that we can pass in lists
> from python?
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

Hi,

I remember, I wasn't sure about the supposed way of doing that either for
a u8vector. Finally I used the set method to set the individual elements
like this:
------
# elements as list
values = (0xA1, ...)

# create pmt vector with one default value for all elements
pmtvector = pmt.pmt_make_u8vector(len(values), 0x00)

# set the individual elements
for i in xrange(len(values)) :
        pmt.pmt_u8vector_set(pmtvector, i, values[i])
------

Not nice, but it works for me. Although I agree that passing a list at
construction would be very handy.

Yours
Martin