Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK mod/demod in 3-node relay with USRP2 not wor

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK mod/demod in 3-node relay with USRP2 not working
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 09:22:44 -0400

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Vinodhini Ravikumar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to implement a relay system using DPSK modulation scheme.
> I'm basically trying to replicate the decode and forward method using three
> usrp2 nodes. I generate a .dat file DPSK modulation of a random source
> initially. The graph goes like this:
>
> First time slot:
> file sink --> Tx of node 1 --> Rx of node 2 && Rx of node 3
>
> Second time slot:
> Rx of node2 remodulate and store in file sink
>
> Third time slot:
> file sink --> Tx of node 2 --> Rx of node 3
>
> Simultaneously in the third time slot, node 1 transmission acts as
> interference.
>
> Now, the issue here is that, during the second time slot, the file sink
> remains blank even after demodulating and remodulating the received file. It
> does not store anything.  Am i doing a mistake somewhere ?  I have attached
> a screenshot of my flowgraphs here.
>
> Please help me out in solving this.
> --
> Thanks,
> Vinny

Vinny,

One thing that I recommend to people is to use your debug tools! You
can put in other GUI's and file sinks along the path of your flowgraph
to make sure that the signal is as you would expect throughout. That
will help pinpoint where things are going wrong.

Tom