[Discuss-gnuradio] ADC and DAC of USRP

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADC and DAC of USRP
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:15:15 -0400

Hello,

I am investigating the ADC/DAC power consumption vs. sampling rate in different software defined radio's. Where can I get the specific ADC and DAC models that an USRP RF daughterboard (e.g. SBX) uses? If I know the model, I assume that I can go to the manufacturer's website and find the power consumption model.

In general, is the ADC/DAC power consumption of the present-day SDR's comparable to the maximum transmit power (e.g. 100 mW in SBX)? If anyone has looked at it before, please let me know.

Thanks for reading the email!

Nazmul

--
Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.