Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] parallel and time/frequency-synchronized TX/RX wi

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] parallel and time/frequency-synchronized TX/RX with large number of USRPs ?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:57:39 +0200

Just keep in mind, on one ethernet network there is no real parallel transfer, everything is sequential, at least on the shared parts like the cable from the switch to the PC. Can you live with this latency? Of course you can try to force a given sequence, with known timing, and jitter should be small when the network is separated from other networks and has the pure purpose to serve your USRPs...

I have to do with industrial test/measurement equipment where those latency/jitter effects _are_ a real PITA, and I am amazed how easily in many RF applications those problems are “workarounded”.

Ralph.