Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Send custom data

From: Gong Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Send custom data
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:59:54 +0800

Maybe I should cast arbitrary object to binary data followed by simple_framer block and bits_to_symbols block.Is it correct?
2013/3/20 1:47, Josh Blum wrote:
Isnt all data, custom data? So the streamer interface is still just
samples, as is the gr-uhd sink's input port. If you want to send
arbitrary information, you still need to packet-ize and modulate the
information.

Maybe you will find this project relevant:
https://github.com/jmalsbury/pre-cog/wiki

-josh