[Discuss-gnuradio] problem with benchmark_tx.py with "--discontinuous"

From: Sahoo, Anirudha
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with benchmark_tx.py with "--discontinuous"
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:54:54 -0400

Hi,

  When I run benchmark_tx.py with “—discontinuous” flag ON, I notice

the following problem:

   When the transmitter goes to sleep (for 1 sec), the receiver TIMEOUT (which is fine).

But then when the txmitter wakes up and sends the next 5 packets, the receiver consistently does not

receive the first packet (of this set of 5 packets). Occasionally, I see the rcvr does not

get the first two packets.

   So, I think there is some problem when packets are sent after a period of “lull”

which leads to very first packet (after a TIMEOUT) being lost.

   Can anyone think of what could be wrong with the ofdm implementation which may

lead to this problem?

   I am running gnuradio 3.6.2 on USRP N210.

thanks and regards

--Anirudh Sahoo

Advanced Network Technology Div.

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

100 Bureau Drive,

Gaithersburg, MD - 20878

Room – B230, bldg.- 222

Phone- 301-975-4439