Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] right source to input message

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] right source to input message
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:00:01 -0600

On 03/07/2013 06:49 PM, manjusha wrote:
> I want to transmit message over air and here is my .grc file
>
> I need help in finding the right source for my encoder.I have 'pad
> source','message source' and 'socket message'..Please help me in giving the
> right input source to the encoder.When i connect the pad source it gave me
> an error that is shown in the screen shot.
>
> Thanks.
> input_msg_tx.png
> <http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n40059/input_msg_tx.png>

* Delete this: The pad source is for hierarhical blocks.
* Delete this: That message source is not related
* I recommend to reduce the amplitude of the signals sent to the usrp
source < 1.0 magnitude

* You do not need to feed the input of the message socket block - that
is for writing to the socket. You would probably connect a packet
deframer from the receive chain there.

Your flow graph is ready, if you write a packet into this socket, it
will transmit something.

-josh