[Discuss-gnuradio] Comments on the Logging architecture in gnuradio

From: M. Ranganathan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comments on the Logging architecture in gnuradio
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:55:33 -0500

Suggestion for future improvement : I would love to be able to enable logging on a module by module basis in python for gnuradio. Right now, I see that many modules take a --verbose option but that's it. It is all or nothing.

It would be great to have a unified logging framework (that works across python and c++) so logging can be configured in one place and shows up in a unified stream (file). It should be possible to set logging levels ( FINE, FINER, FINEST etc. ) to control the amount of logging.

I was actually a bit surprised not to see such a thing given the maturity of the code base.

(I know you are going to ask me to volunteer to do it :-) but perhaps an effort is already under way?)

Regards,

--
M. Ranganathan