Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] timed command

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] timed command
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 01:56:55 -0600

On 03/03/2013 09:28 PM, Gong Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanna transmit a 1khz Sinusoidal signal for one second and transmit
> 2khz for another second.The code maybe something like this:
> set_command_time(&mytime)
> sig_sin_source.work(...)
> set_command_time(&mytime+1)
> sig_sin_source.work(...)
> But as I know,the first set_command_time would back-pressure all
> subsequent timed commands.This would make it impossible for the second
> set_command_time to reach the USRP buffer in time.
> Is it correct?And what's the suggestion?
> I appreciate any tips.
> Thank you.

For timing the transmission of samples you will want to use the stream
tagging feature of gnuradio (some examples and docs in the link):
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/GNU_Radio_UHD#Using-UHD-Software-with-GNU-Radio

The timed commands thing is really for timing settings like tuning the
device, or setting gain at a specific time, its separate from the
streaming interface.

-josh