[Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum length of packets using benchmark_tx/rx and p

From: Chris Valenta
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum length of packets using benchmark_tx/rx and packet_utils
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:03:01 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I'm curious if there is a reason why the maximum length for a digital packet payload is 4096 bits in packet_utils.py Currently this is limited because of the length of the whitening mask, but if whitening is not used...could this be increased? I know the framer_sink limits the length of the total packet to 16 bits, but I'm using far less than this with no success.

I've tried disabling whitening and commenting out the packet length restriction of 4096 bits and put a larger packet through and it will transmit fine, but not receive a correct packet. The received packet is truncated as if all 16 bits in the framer_sink d_header_len limit aren't being used.

Am I correct in this?