Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Detecting EOF of previous block

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Detecting EOF of previous block
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:27:33 +0100

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:22:52AM +0100, Martin Lülf wrote:
> So my question is: Can I make gnuradio to not drop the last bits if
> there are less items left than necessary to create output_multiple
> items but instead present this few items to my block together with
> the information that these are not as much items as expected for a
> full block?

Not out of the box, no. set_output_multiple kind of assumes the block
doesn't know how to handle anything else, so what you're asking for
doesn't make sense to the scheduler.

I suggest:
- Setting set_output_multiple() only when the input is invalid;
  otherwise, set_output_multiple(1)
- Put a tag on the last set of items and check for that.

MB
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)