Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] access code detection threshold in benchmark tx/r

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] access code detection threshold in benchmark tx/rx scripts
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:30:50 +0100

Inside receive path you have packet_demod block, which is hier block written i npython. Inside you can find that they assign positive value.

Nemanja

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:02 AM, Nowlan, Sean <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to understand the benchmark receive path. The access code detection threshold is set to -1 in receive_path.py. After looking at the digital_correlate_access_code_bb block, it appears the INT32 threshold, -1, is being compared with the *UINT32* Hamming distance between the known code and the received code. If I'm not mistaken, C/C++ will do unsigned comparison and therefore *any* number of errors < UINT32_MAX (2^32 - 1) will be accepted. Am I reading this incorrectly?

--sean