Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-modtool produces incorrect swig.i

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-modtool produces incorrect swig.i
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:45:38 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:29:20AM -0500, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Eventually, but the 3.7 code is backwards compatible with 3.6 blocks. We'll
> keep it that way for a while so there will be time to change things. The
> gr-modtool will generate 3.7-compatible blocks, too, so you could use that as
> starting point and copy-and-paste your code that way.
>
> We will deprecate the 3.6 way of doing things when we release 3.7. We will
> probably remove it entirely (basically, removing GR_SWIG_BLOCK_MAGIC and tools
> like that) in 3.8.

That said, out-of-tree modules created with gr-modtool are *always* in
3.7 format, even if you're running 3.6 ("3.7 format" really is a bit
misleading, as it's used already in 3.6.3 for some components).
Only if you've created that module long ago, when the 3.6 code was still
in modtool, would you have this problem.

In theory, you should point modtool at your module and it should do the
right thing. That swig-thing was simply a bug, as 3.6 and 3.7 use
different orders for %include and GR_SWIG_BLOCK_MAGIC.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)