Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] COST-TERRA examples need gnuradio from 'next' bra

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] COST-TERRA examples need gnuradio from 'next' branch?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:46:03 -0500

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

the "COST-TERRA Summer School, Dublin, Ireland" slides at
http://www.trondeau.com/gr-tutorial/ are great. Thanks a lot, Tom!

However, is it possible that some of the examples use features that are
only available in git? If I try

$ wget http://www.trondeau.com/storage/tutorial/mpsk_scripts_3_6.tar.gz
$ tar xf mpsk_scripts_3_6.tar.gz
$ mpsk_scripts_3_6/bits_representations.py

on my debian unstable chroot with gnuradio 3.6.1-1 I get

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mpsk_scripts_3_6/bits_representations.py", line 103, in <module>
    tb = bits_representations()
  File "mpsk_scripts_3_6/bits_representations.py", line 60, in __init__
    self.qtgui_const_sink_x_0 = qtgui.const_sink_c(
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'const_sink_c'

I looked around in git and noticed that
gr-qtgui/include/qtgui/const_sink_c.h exists only in the 'next' branch.

Am I missing something here or do the examples really need gnuradio from
git?

Hi Timo, no you're not missing anything. The constellation plotter is a next/3.7 thing only. It must have slipped past when creating those examples. That was a real headache, actually, trying to get scripts for both versions that made sense. I rely so much these days on the features of qtgui that are in next.

You should be able to change that to a normal qtgui.sink_c(...) and it should work fine. Please let me know if it does and if there are any other files that fail like this. Though, honestly, in the end, that file is about the most uninteresting one in the group.

Tom