[Discuss-gnuradio] How the upstream block of TDMA engine get the current

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How the upstream block of TDMA engine get the current time of the network
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 01:32:23 -0600

Previously, the pre-cog introduced a simple implementation of TDMA: http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Introduction-to-Pre-Cog-td37906.html

I read roughly the code in the tdma_engine.py.
For the transmitter, it seems that this tdma_engine works like a throttle to send the messages to the downstreams only when the time_update is  later than the time_transmit_start.
And these time are computed based on the tags in the incoming items inserted by upstream block.
My question is that, where does the upstream block get the correct time? I know that the usrp_sink can get_time_now but it is on the very downstream, and it is different block which means different thread.

If my question is not clear, please give your comments.

Thanks.

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.