Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] questions about calibration examples

From: gang li
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] questions about calibration examples in UHD utility
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:19:08 -0500

Hi, Mike,
Thanks very much for your reply. I also searched  online about the
usrp calibration. I found a post and some information:

"During cal, the TX is switched away from the TX antenna into the
"closed" switch port, where it leaks into the RX which is listening to
the TX/RX antenna. So termination on RX2 should have no effect as that
port is already unused in calibration."

Here is the link:
http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2012-April/004028.html.

I am a little confused. Since calibration uses full duplex, why is
there no direct connection between RX2 and TX/RX? I thought they are
connected inside the usrp during calibration.

Best,
Gang