Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware advice for TDMA MAC implementation

From: Guy Holtzman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware advice for TDMA MAC implementation
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:18:27 +0200

Hi Again, and thanks for you answer :) . (I was out yesterday, so I did not see your answer)

As I understood the lead time is a jitter buffer inside the USRP, which buffers the samples before it launches them to the air. This buffer is limited by the FPGA memory. for example, if one  configures the lead time to a too large number, it will cause an over run.
since B100 uses a smaller FPGA, and does not have SRAM memory, is it possible that the lead time that could be configured is limited to a number which is smaller than the jitter? I know it depends on the host computer and on the application running on it. in other words, is there a reasonable margin to play with?

could you please send the Presentation file which is seen on the video, it cannot be found on git.

Thanks Again,
Guy