Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tests fail building with boost1.52

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tests fail building with boost1.52
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:45:09 -0500

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Barry Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
I package gnuradio for Mageia and we are having problems with test failures with 3.6.3 in our beta2 distro release.
(from git tag v3.6.3 since release tarball was from 3.6.4git)

We have boost-1.52 and the package builds, but fails 143 tests. Full build system log is here:-
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20130123090056.barjac.valstar.22658/log/botcmd.1358931665.ecosse.log

As a test I set up a local system using boost-1.53 beta1. (with uhd also built on the same system)
This fails only 3 tests. log is here:
http://mtf.no-ip.co.uk/pub/linux/barjac/soft/log.gnuradio

Switching to boost-1.53 beta1 for us is not an option for a stable release, plus we are now in version freeze.

Unless there is a fix for this using boost-1.52 then our only option may be to drop gnuradio from the distro.

Any help will be appreciated.

Barry

Barry,

I'm afraid we can't use Boost 1.52 with GNU Radio. See:

The thread join_all is very important for clean operation of a flowgraph. There's a similar bug in 1.47 that we can't use, either. In fact, you shouldn't have been able to compile against 1.52 since we've explicitly disabled it in GrBoost.cmake.

Is there an option of going back to 1.51?

Tom