[Discuss-gnuradio] How to ensure 2 USRP to have the same internal FPGA c

From: LD Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to ensure 2 USRP to have the same internal FPGA configuration when measuring the same signal?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:16:04 -0800

Hi Folks,

I have managed to use 2 different USRP N210’s to measure the same signal with the same sampling rate (both center at 0 Hz DC) at approximately the same time (timing is an issue but irrelevant for this discussion). Examination of signal intensity does confirm the above to be true. However, when I compare individual tones between the 2 units, I see the phase differences between the tones jump around a lot. And they seem to cluster at +90/-90 locations.

This is very puzzling and troublesome. I guess internally the USRP configures the FPGA in a way that is not visible. Is there a way that I con force the 2 USRP to configure the FPGA in the same identical configuration when taking data?

Thanks for your inputs and help.

LD