Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Alternates to USRP

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Alternates to USRP
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:10:47 -0500

Hi All,
         Thank you all for replying..

@Fosforo I will check the reddit..

@Martin I checked the gnuradio site. I understand  the quality issues and limitations of a usb dongle of sdr. But my main intention is to not leave working on gnuradio.So I was looking for alternatives to work and learn on my own. I have no specific project in mind right now. I feel that if you leave working on this platform for a few months, you will take a long time to get back again because of the rate at which changes happen. So just wanted to be in touch with it.

@Ossman Thanks. I will buy one of these two and try.

@Marcus Thanks for a detailed explanation on the performance limits and limitations for usb based sdr's. I understand it better now.