Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI Errors on MacOS

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI Errors on MacOS
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:14:22 -0500

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM, David Greene <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm running MacOS 10.8.2 and have no controls for my waterfall sink and the
constellation sink was yelling, "No module named OpenGL". I installed
py27-opengl thinking it was an issue with the wrapper, but now all my
widgets show the error Steven was having in April:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2012-04/msg00578.html

"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/wxgui/plotter/plotter_base.
py",
 line 58, in draw
    GL.glNewList(self._grid_compiled_list_id, GL.GL_COMPILE)
ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 1: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: wrong type

Other reading suggests there may not be an OpenGL context when
plotter_base.py calls the glNewList command; but I'm not much of an OpenGL
expert. Any thoughts or direction, this one's been haunting me for a few
days. Thanks!

-David

Just turn off the OpenGL stuff. Look in $prefix/etc/gnuradio/conf.d/gr-wxgui.conf and set 'style=nongl'.

Tom