Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on "easy" digital TX/RX

From: Hanz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on "easy" digital TX/RX
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:56:16 -0800 (PST)

I now have 2 new problems :(
1. I have a random source hooked to a Modulator and then to USRP. From the
same device i listen at the same Frequency. But since the antennas are just
a few cm's away, the constellation graph is completely diffuse and the
points are anywhere, there arent any fixed points noticeable. Do I have to
change something at the gain or add something?
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n38994/const.png>
2. How can i differentiate if there is a signal receiving or just some
background noise. I mean if i put the Demodulator directly after the USRP
and stream it to file, then of course ill mostly get just random amplified
noise...