Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hiiii gudmng fnds,

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hiiii gudmng fnds,
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:47:29 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 09:22:17PM -0800, sivakumar reddy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recorded a sinusoidal USRP signal (generated by a vector signal
> generator) in its complex form in a file_sink. I understand that the
> file_sink will have the I-Q data of the signal.
>
> Can anyone tell me in what format that I-Q data will be stored i.e
> (i)  How many bites does each I or Q component take?
> (ii) What will be their pattern in the file_sink i.e whether they would be
> in (I1, Q1, I2, Q2 ... Ik, Qk) form OR (I1, Q1, I1, Q1, I2, Q2, I2, Q2 ..)
> sequence OR any other sequence?

Hi sivakumar,

this *exact* question was asked less than a week ago on this list (I'll
give you a hint: Marcus Leech answered it).
Please make sure you have read all of these pages before you post on
this list:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ReportingErrors
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ

...other wiki pages might be relevant depending on your question, so use
the search function on the wiki page.

In the first link, you will also be encouraged to use meaningful subject
lines for your questions.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)